Ultimate Bar Book: The Comprehensive Guide to Over 1,000 Cocktails (Hardcover)
List Price: $24.95
Our Price: $23.70
(Save: $1.25 5%)
Usually Ships in 2-5 Business Days
The bartender's bible and cocktail recipe book for the ages.
James Beard nominee for Best Wine and Spirit Book
The Ultimate Bar Book is an indispensable guide to classic cocktails and new drink recipes, loaded with essential-to-know topics such as barware, tools, and mixing tips.
As the mistress of mixology, author Mittie Hellmich has the classics down as well as creative new elixirs to mix things up. With more than 1,000 drink recipes, the book includes:
- All the classics, from Martinis to Margaritas
- Exciting new cocktails such as the Tasmanian Twister Cocktail and the Citron Sparkler
- Extensive glossary of essential bar equipment, from bar spoons to blenders and muddlers to swizzle sticks
- Recipes for using beer, wine, and sake in addition to traditional liquors
- Soothing hangover remedies
- And much more
COMPLETE AND AUTHORITATIVE: Well organized and packed with easy-to-follow directions, this comprehensive guide includes chapters dedicated to each of the major liquors as well as a chapter on liqueurs, beer, wine and sparkling wines. It is the ideal addition to any bartender's book collection.
THE COCKTAIL BOOK FOR YOUR HOME: Bartending at home doesn't have to be stressful. This compendium of classic cocktails and contemporary drinks is perfect for those new to mixology as well those more seasoned with a cocktail shaker but looking for new inspiration.
GIFTABLE MIXOLOGY BOOK: For newlyweds, new renters or homeowners, or anyone celebrating a special occasion, a beautifully designed drink recipe book makes a great gift. Pair with a set of glasses or other cocktail gifts to create a unique and memorable present.
- Anyone who wants to learn basic cocktail recipes, develop a roster of go-to drinks, or keep a fundamental bartending book on their bar cart
- Holiday, birthday, wedding, or host/hostess gifts
- Fans of bartending and mixology books like The Art of Mixology, Cocktail Codex, Liquid Intelligence, and Jeffrey Morgenthaler's The Bar Book
About the Author
Mittie Hellmich is a photographer and former columnist for the Oregonian . Her photographs have appeared in Highballs, High Heels (0-8118-3017-9) and Atomic Cocktails (0-8118-1926-4). She is the author of Sangria (0-8118-4290-8), Paradise on Ice (0-8118-3302-X), and Party Shots (0-8118-3950-8), all from Chronicle Books. She lives in Portland, Oregon.
"A must-have for every bartender (or wannabe bartender...), this book includes over 1,000 recipes for both classic cocktails and new drink recipes, from the Dirty Martini to the Tasmanian Twister Cocktail."—Cosmopolitan