Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Paperback)
List Price: $6.99
Our Price: $6.64
(Save: $0.35 5%)
Usually in Stock
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Emily Windsnap series.
- #1: The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Paperback): $6.64
- #2: Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Paperback): $6.64
- #4: Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Paperback): $6.64
- #5: Emily Windsnap and the Land of the Midnight Sun (Paperback): $6.64
- #6: Emily Windsnap and the Ship of Lost Souls (Paperback): $6.64
- #7: Emily Windsnap and the Falls of Forgotten Island (Paperback): $6.64
- #8: Emily Windsnap and the Pirate Prince (Paperback): $6.64
- #9: Emily Windsnap and the Tides of Time (Paperback): $6.64
The New York Times best-selling series
"An easy sell to girls looking for a friendship story with more than a touch of make-believe." — Kirkus Reviews
When Emily Windsnap discovers an old diamond ring during a class hunt for trinkets, how is she supposed to know that the ring is half the key to unlocking an ancient curse by Neptune himself? Now, with the ring stuck firmly on her hand, Emily finds herself under a new curse: in just a few days, she’ll cease to be half-human and half-mermaid and must say good-bye to one parent forever. Can she possibly find the other missing ring that will break all the curses? Is there anyone who can help her — before it’s too late?
About the Author
This quick read is light and charming but also heartfelt.
Should be an easy sell to girls looking for a friendship story with more than a touch of make believe.
Kessler combines the whimsy of life as a mermaid with the problems of an average middle-schooler…Plenty of dialogue and Ledwidge’s soft, dreamlike line drawings add textual and visual interest, making for a zippy story in an attractive package.
—School Library Journal
What will most delight readers are the details of undersea life, from course work in hair brushing to ‘scale polish’ for decorating tails.
Liz Kessler and book mention in article “CBC Plans Online Venture with Girl Scouts”
—PW Children's Bookshelf
I’m a fan of Emily Windsnap. She’s smart, she’s spunky, she can be brave, but mostly she’s just an ordinary teenaged girl that just happens to have a tail.
A complex story with deepening questions about love and its meanings, anger and its consequences, redemption and hope for the future…couched in a lushly detailed story about underwater life that should capture the attention and hearts of girls who love adventurous, romantic tales encased in charming fantasy elements.