How To Cook Everything Fast Revised Edition: A Quick & Easy Cookbook (How to Cook Everything Series #6) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the How to Cook Everything Series series.
- #1: How To Cook Everything—completely Revised Twentieth Anniversary Edition: Simple Recipes for Great Food (How to Cook Everything Series #1) (Hardcover): $42.75
- #2: How to Cook Everything: The Basics: All You Need to Make Great Food--With 1,000 Photos: A Beginner Cookbook (How to Cook Everything Series #2) (Hardcover): $35.15
- #3: How To Cook Everything Vegetarian: Completely Revised Tenth Anniversary Edition (How to Cook Everything Series #3) (Hardcover): $33.25
- #7: How To Bake Everything: Simple Recipes for the Best Baking: A Baking Recipe Cookbook (How to Cook Everything Series #7) (Hardcover): $33.25
- #8: How To Grill Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Flame-Cooked Food: A Grilling BBQ Cookbook (How to Cook Everything Series #8) (Hardcover): $38.00
- #9: How To Cook Everything Kids (How to Cook Everything Series #9) (Hardcover): $33.25
Featuring hundreds of easy and innovative recipes to get dinner on the table in no time flat, How To Cook Everything Fast Revised Edition, from acclaimed home-cooking expert and #1 New York Times bestselling author Mark Bittman, is now completely revised and includes gorgeous color photos.
The secret to cooking fast is cooking smart—choosing and preparing ingredients that make the most of your time in the kitchen. In this new edition of How to Cook Everything Fast, Mark Bittman shares hundreds of simple, flavorful dishes—each ready in 30 minutes or less. But “fast” doesn’t mean compromising on quality or resorting to packaged shortcuts; instead, Bittman offers savvy hacks—broiling rather than baking, using less liquid for a faster boil, and taking advantage of downtime for last-minute prep.
In the spirit of fast and simple cooking, recipes have been retested and streamlined for this completely revised edition—which now also features dozens of vegan and vegetarian options and stunning all-new photography. New favorites include Chickpea Hash with Tahini Sauce, Gooey Stovetop Lasagna, Peanut Noodles with Whatever You Have, Caramelized Bananas, and so many more. Variations, tips, quick side dishes, make-ahead components, and kitchen insights abound.
The results are innovative, easy-to-follow recipes for the food you want to eat today and new strategies for becoming a faster—and-better—cook every time you use the book.
About the Author
MARK BITTMAN is the author of more than thirty books, including the How to Cook Everything series and the #1 New York Times bestseller VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health . . . for Good. He was a food columnist, opinion columnist, and the lead magazine food writer at the New York Times, where he started writing in 1984 and remained for more than thirty years.
Bittman has starred in four television series, including Showtime’s Emmy-winning Years of Living Dangerously. He is a longtime Today regular and has made hundreds of television, radio, and podcast appearances, including on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Real Time with Bill Maher, and CBS’s The Dish; and on NPR’s All Things Considered, Fresh Air, and Morning Edition.
Bittman has written for countless publications and spoken at dozens of universities and conferences; his 2007 TED talk “What’s wrong with what we eat?” has almost five million views. He was a distinguished fellow at the University of California, Berkeley, and a fellow at the Union of Concerned Scientists. He has received six James Beard Awards, four IACP Awards, and numerous other honors.
Bittman is currently special advisor on food policy at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, where he teaches and hosts a lecture series. He is also the editor in chief of Heated. His most recent book is his history of food and humanity, Animal, Vegetable, Junk.