A Stroke of Malice (A Lady Darby Mystery #8) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the A Lady Darby Mystery series.
- #1: The Anatomist's Wife (A Lady Darby Mystery #1) (Paperback): $16.15
- #2: Mortal Arts (A Lady Darby Mystery #2) (Paperback): $15.20
- #3: A Grave Matter (A Lady Darby Mystery #3) (Paperback): $15.20
- #4: A Study in Death (A Lady Darby Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: As Death Draws Near (A Lady Darby Mystery #5) (Paperback): $16.15
- #6: A Brush with Shadows (A Lady Darby Mystery #6) (Paperback): $16.15
- #7: An Artless Demise (A Lady Darby Mystery #7) (Paperback): $15.20
- #9: A Wicked Conceit (A Lady Darby Mystery #9) (Paperback): $16.15
- #10: A Perilous Perspective (A Lady Darby Mystery #10) (Paperback): $16.15
- #11: A Fatal Illusion (A Lady Darby Mystery #11) (Paperback): $16.15
Lady Kiera Darby and her husband Sebastian Gage are looking forward to celebrating with new friends at an exciting yearly soiree, but they soon learn that murder never takes a holiday in the latest riveting installment in this national bestselling series.
January 1832. After enjoying a delightful few weeks with her family, expectant mother Kiera and Sebastian Gage have been invited to the Duchess of Bowmontʼs Twelfth Night party in Traquair, Scotland. Though she normally avoids such fashionable, rambunctious events, Kiera is ready to join in the festive merrymaking. But upon their arrival at the opulent estate, it becomes obvious that all is not merry in their hostess’s home. The family appears to be under a great strain, and someone seems determined to cause mayhem among the guests with a series of forged notes.
Matters swiftly turn from irksome to downright deadly when the partygoers stumble upon a decomposing body in the castleʼs crypt. The corpse is thought to be the duchessʼs son-in-law who had purportedly traveled to Paris more than a month earlier. It is evident the man met with foul play, and Kiera and Gage soon realize that a ruthless murderer walks among them—and may well be a member of the duchessʼs own family. And when the investigation takes a treacherous turn, Kiera discovers just how deep the killer is willing to dig to keep their secrets from ever seeing the light of day.
About the Author
Anna Lee Huber is the Daphne Award-winning author of the national bestselling Lady Darby Mysteries and the Verity Kent Mysteries. She is a summa cum laude graduate of Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee, where she majored in music and minored in psychology. She currently resides with her family and is hard at work on her next novel.