One of the nation's largest independent bookstores...
The Book Loft of German Village is located at 631 South Third Street in Columbus, Ohio, just a few blocks South of the state capitol building. The pre-Civil War era buildings that once were general stores, a saloon, and a nickelodeon cinema, now are home to 32 rooms of Bargain Books.
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding our store and website. If you have a question that isn't answered here or need additional information please contact us.
What are your hours?
- 10 AM to 11 PM 7 days a week. (Closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving)
Where do I park?
- The Book Loft stretches a city block long and has two entrances, one at 631 South Third Street and one at 632 City Park Avenue. Parking is on-street throughout the day. The Golden Hobby Shop, our neighbors at 630 South High Street, closes at 5:00 p.m. The GHS parking lot is available to Book Loft customers after they close.
How do authors get their books on your shelves or have a literary event in your store?
- Please visit our page For Authors
If I find a book on your site, does that mean it's currently in stock at your store?
- Not necessarily. If your order is time sensitive, please call us to confirm availability.
I received a confirmation e-mail. Does this mean that my order is ready to be picked up or has been shipped?
- No. This just means that we've received your order, you will be contacted when your order has shipped or is ready to be picked up.
When will I get my book(s)?
- For in stock orders we strive to ship them within 7 business day and delivery time depends on the method of shipping selected. For orders with out of stock items, we will provide an estimated date of shipment.
What if I need to return something?
- Please review our return policies and contact us with any further questions.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express and if you're picking up in store, you may pay in cash.
How can I check the status of my order?
- Log in, select 'My Account' and Orders' a list of all orders and their current status is provided.
We want you to be happy with your purchase but understand that sometimes an item needs to be returned. Please review the return policies below and contact us with any questions.
- You may return or exchange any book or non-book item in its original condition for a full refund (excluding shipping cost) within 7 days of receiving your order. Non-Book items must also include all original tags and/or packaging.
- Without a receipt/invoice, a return may be approved for exchange or store credit at the manager's discretion and only at the current value of the book. Please contact us for details
- For all returns/exchanges, the customer is responsible for costs of return shipping. We recommend you return your items using an insured and traceable method. We are not responsible for packages lost or damaged during the return transit.
- Special order items that are not usually carried and have been ordered specifically at your request may not be returned.
- If you receive your order and find an item to be missing, incorrect or damaged please contact the store within 7 days, so that we may address and resolve the issue as quickly as possible for you.